Wednesday, September 30, 2015

yarn along: happy raccoon










I finished the little hood for my Millie girl!  Isn't it cute?  I won't be able to replicate it easily for her big sister, who has a major wool aversion and declared it too itchy when she tried it on.  Fortunately, Millie has no such qualms about wool.  (I am more like Lyddie than I thought; I am really sensitive to any itch but I just wear it anyway and try not to scratch.)  Any recommendations for an affordable-but-nice, super soft bulky yarn that won't be itchy? 

I am back to working more on my Hitofude.  I like the drape of the CoBaSi and I'm definitely feeling ready to move onto the next section of knitting. Not too long now. 

I finished Flora and Ulysses: the Illuminated Adventures and cried through the ending for its poignant beauty.  I love that DiCamillo can take a ridiculous premise (a superhero squirrel and a lonely girl) and infuse it with truth and beauty and meaning that make sense to every age.  I can't wait to share her books with my kids when they are a little older.  Edward Tulane and The Tale of Despereaux  are high on my favorites list. Oh there are just so many lovely books! 

I also finished Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie.  Sigh.  Incredible.  Loved. 

I haven't read much since finishing those two. I'm listening mostly to The White Moll by Frank L. Packard (Forgotten Classics podcast) and it's so different than my usual book genre; a mob crime drama but the protagonist is a young woman who accidentally gets mixed up in trouble and can't figure out a way to extricate herself.  There's a mystery, and I do like good mysteries to puzzle through and try to predict.  It's different but I like to branch out from, well, childrens and young adult fiction, now and then. 

It's happy Yarn Along day and I look forward to seeing what other goodies are being shared over at Ginny's blog!  

P.S. I have still been trying to figure out how to correctly add the Yarn Along button to my sidebar but I think there must be something wrong with the code of my blog because, when I added it and it didn't show up on the page, I then attempted to add a completely different button from a different website as a test and it didn't work either.  Blogger help forums are completely overwhelming to someone who has practically zero understanding of html and any other computer language whatsoever (i.e., me).  So... if there's anyone reading this who may have the patience to walk me through some troubleshooting, let me know! I'd love to add the button to my blog since it's the only really regular event I participate in!

8 comments:

  1. I love it Sarah, it really is super cute and the smile on your sweet babe's face is priceless!

    Okay about the button.....Go to the lay out page, click on Add a gadget where you want the button, click on HTML for the list, paste the code in and click add, it should bring it up. If this doesn't work, email me and I'll give you my number or I can call you and we can talk it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes with the YA button...how sweet of Tracey to offer to help you!
    LOVE the photos of your adorably happy racoon. :)
    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my Emily wants me to knit her one of these - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness is that adorable or what??? I love the way it looks snuggly and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute little hood. How long has it been since you've changed the blog formatting? I had to do a double take!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie pie hat on a sweet little person!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw that looks amazing, bet it's really cosy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that hood is fabulous and modelled so well!

    ReplyDelete