Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Side Show

I couldn't bring myself to take yet another picture of the exact same knitting and books this week so I thought I'd feature another project that I am enjoying, which is related to my reading, The Nesting Place.  I talked about it some last week and I am still reading it a little at a time.  It's almost like taking a course on decorating a home and with its inspiration I have been putting together elements of a gallery wall to go above our couch.  The color above is way more yellow than it actually appears in real life. 

I am still knitting my Radiance shawl  (want to find me on Ravelry and be friends?  Click the link!) and have added a few more inches on, but lace shawls knit so slowly that you can't see any difference in photos. By next week I will at least have a new book in the works since I'm very close to the end of North! or Be Eaten which is now hard to put down at night.  I am listening Herland still too.   I am not sure what I will read next but I am looking at some of the Madeleine L'Engle on my shelf.


8 comments:

  1. lovely knitting you have there!! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am going to have to look for that book! Your gallery wall is lovely, Sarah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shawl! It looks so delicate and lacy. :) Your gallery wall is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wall is going to be lovely! As will the shawl.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that shawl pattern, it's going to be beautiful when it's finished.

    I like your gallery wall, very individual. I like visiting houses where you get a sense of the owners personalities. Show home style is not my thing lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful knitting! Your book sounds really interesting. I have such a block when it comes to decorating my home, I'll have to look that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your shawl is beautiful !!! I will have to take a look at your book... looks interesting !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, your decorating sounds fun - it looks lovely! I have *decorating fever* right now. I think it's because of peeling the wallpaper. Your knitting is beautiful - I would like to knit another shawl soon.

    ReplyDelete